Words, Wit ‘n Wisdom with WOC is a literary club that celebrates diversity in WA. The aim of the group is to promote the written and spoken word and to encourage reading and literary pursuits that empower WOC. It is also a social setting where readers and artists can integrate and network.
The group’s guidelines are as follows:
• Monthly meetings to share perspectives on previously chosen books
• All forms of literature are welcome
• Members will take turns to choose books or poetry to be discussed
• The ‘host’ for each month will be the person who chose the book for the month
• Poets and authors will be invited for readings, open mic sessions and discussions
Meetings will take place at the South Perth Learning Centre.
Books chosen for forthcoming months are:
20 October – What I Know For Sure (Oprah Winfrey)
24 November – Noughts & Crosses (Malorie Blackman)
15 December – TBD
Books can be purchased online at these outlets: bookdepository.com booktopia.com.au Books may also be available at your local library or local stores like Dymocks. For those with Kindle e-readers, Amazon often has special offers on books. (NO NEW ENROLMENTS)
Effie Aygeman & Valerie Ogoke
Fill out the form below and we will contact you for enrolment and payment.